[IP] Surgery and the pump

I know there are probably a zillion posts that I've passed on surgery and the
pump, but I haven't had a chance to look them up.

My question is......  I will be having a hysterectomy in January.  The (Army)
doctor has had patients with a pump (pregnant) and they cut the basal in half
AND gave a glucose IV??  That sounded strange to me, but I don't know.
Anyone that can help or have suggestions would be great.

Since I know that there are already posts about this, if you want to e-mail
privately that is fine.