[IP] Re: gaining weight

In a message dated 11/15/00 9:46:34 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> How about all the others that are facing the same problem, do they have a
> family history of type 2?
I do have a cousin who in the last few years has become a type 2.
To my knowledge, my type 1 and her type 2 are the first ever in the whole
family.  I don't think that makes a family history.
I have been told that people over 40 and overweight can become type 2 w/o any
family history and that the older you get the more likely you are to become
type 2, although I can't do that since I'm already type 1, as my endo says,
type 1x.  Maybe if I lose some weight it will take care of the problem.  Or
maybe something else is going on in body that I don't know about that is
causing all the high bs's.

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000