[IP] Re: Gaining weight

Thanks for all who answered about gaining weight.   I am very happy that I'm
not the only one!
>From what I understood from the answers, that some people are carb
sensitive, if they overdo on carbs they will gain weight.  I will only lose
weight if I eat less then 30 gr. carb/day, if I go between 30-50 I will
maintain, more then 50 I'll gain weight fast.

So why is it that some people can eat carbs as their heart desires & not
gain weight, and some cant ?

By me it's possible that it is a genetic type 2 problem, my father & some of
his siblings are type 2 (& very overweight), so it's possible that I also
have this gene and therefore gaining weight.

How about all the others that are facing the same problem, do they have a
family history of type 2?

Can you believe it? - I live with my biggest enemy (the scale) in one house!

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Co-Executive Director
Jewish Diabetes Association