[IP] speaking up pays off!

I've been in the paper before for grades, community
service, leadership, but never for diabetes.
 Last week I emailed our Manassas reporter who does a
column weekly on "local" news. He emailed me back
saying he'd be sure to mention diabetes month.
 There isn't a linnk but here's what the article says:
(i have to share b/c it's amazing that just an email
with a little background/opinion can spark so much!)

"Did you know that November is National Diabetes
Month? I didn't, until a young lady named Amy brought
it to my attention.  It's important we take the time
to learn about diabetes as it could very well save a
life important to you -- your own.
 Amy has type one diabetes.  Until she explained it to
me, I didn't even know there was more than one kind of
diabetes.  People who have this illness and live in
our neighborhood have had a tougher time than normal
this year because the American Diabetes Association
representative is no longer here.  Residents with this
illness are having to make do with assistance provided
by representatives from other areas who try to help
when they can. ".....then it introduces our hospital's
new cde but the local hospital hardly knows type 2....
he mentioned the ADA b/c they were the ones
influential in starting support groups which ahve sort
of flailed isnce the rep left and then the hospital
lost the long time cde....
 last paragraph..
 "Amy, thank you for bringing this to our attention
and for all that you have done and continue to do in
our neighborhood to make it a better place to live."

 I just had to share, this is so cool! I'm glad I took
the time to email him!

Do You Yahoo!?