[IP] (Andycap)Mark's Surgery

Dear Mark:
   As a cancer survivor myself, I wanted to add my good wishes to those of
other IPers. It seems very apropos that your surgery will take place next
week, a week in which we should all be stopping to "give thanks". In the
almost 3 yrs since my diagnosis, I have seen very promising advances in the
cancer field, so there's every reason ot be optimistic about this new
treatment you'll be receiving. Also, since I'm a Philadelphian too ( and used
to take Melissa to HUP for her endo visits), don't be surprised if both Spot
and I wind up visiting you!
   One of my "mantras" that was very helpful during surgery, chemo,
radiation, etc..was a line written by an oncologist: "My patients can live
with the word "incurable" but they can't live without the word "HOPE"!!
Sending you lots & lots of HOPE for a positive outcome.
Sincerely, Renee (Melissa's pump mom)