Re: [IP] (Fwd) ow.

wombn wrote:
One thing that bothers me though.  She said it should *never* hurt.
And she couldn't explain why 3 of my 7 sites have hurt.  I asked, if
the Micro QR was too short and didn't go all the way down to fat,
would it hurt then?  she didn't know.

My SoftSets hurt if I put them in above my waist (not so much fat as below)
and so I'm trying Sils.  My CDE thought the hurting might be because the
SoftSets were going in too far and touching muscle, which she said has more
nerve endings than fat.

The Sils work better for this, because they don't go in at 90 degrees.
Minimed or your doc or CDE can probably get you some to try, to see if they
work any better for you.  I was convinced I'd freak out inserting the
puppy -- the long insertion needle looks _scary_,  but once I worked myself
up to it it was about the same sensation going in as the SoftSets with the

Good luck.  YMMV, but it is not supposed to hurt -- if it does there is
generally a reason although it may take some experimentation to figure out
what works best for you.

Take care,
Kathy Trondsen