[IP] new pump start procedures?

My endocrinologist is ordering a MiniMed pump for me (his preference)
and says that the company rep will come to my house and teach me how to
use it. He originally, several months ago, said I would also be
hospitalized overnight to determine my basal rate. This last time he
said nothing about that and I forgot to ask. I wonder if this method of
teaching/learning (by company rep) is standard. I had thought a diabetes
nurse would do it. I am a bit uncomfortable with someone coming to my
house and doing this and I wonder if the company rep will cover all the
things that a health professional would.
Could someone tell me if these 2 procedures (pump instruction & basal
rate determination) are common or unusual? What is the "typical" way to
get a person started on the pump--that is most useful? Thank you.