[IP] Priming a SIL (Liz etc.)- 1.0 units?

<<Hi again! Just checked my Silhouette pamphlet that comes in each box and
it too says that for the 23" that I am using you are to prime 1.0 unit. >>

I think I see where the confusion is occuring, Shelly.  The Silhouette
pamphlet says that you should prime the 23" tubing approximately 10
units.  When you do that prime, you should not be connected to the
pump.  What you want is to make sure that you can see insulin dripping out
the end of the connector needle.  Then, you connect to the pump and prime
an additional amount ( I use 0.7 to 0.8) to fill the empty space in the

In the Silhouette pamphlet, this is the wording at the end of section B:

It is generally advisable to administer a bolus of at least 0.0075 cc (for
insulin: 0.5-1 unit of U-100) to fill the empty space in the cannula after
the introducer needle is withdrawn."

Note that the recommended 0.0075cc of insulin is 0.75 units.