Re: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #624-Disetronic

email @ redacted wrote:
> Asking about priming the D.  If you auto prime the D (this is the only way)

Though I wouldn't suggest it... <g> ...there is a way to prime without
auto priming. A cartridge that is slightly over-filled will push insulin
through the tubing while putting the cartridge into the pump (at least
with the V-100)...

...and don't ask how it only costs me $2.79 to replace a disetronic
battery. (if you can replace the individual cells in a camera battery
holder why not...?)

> it automatically uses 20 units. The D then shows that you have 295 units in
> your catridge instead of 315. When the cartridge is empty, you receive an
> alarm that tells you that all you have left is the 20 units in the tubing.
> You can choose to use that 20 units. This means no waste.
> Donna   Type 1.....31 yrs. pumping since 2/98

Jim S.