Re: [IP] Question about Glucophage

Cheri wrote:
<<<I was reading a post and someone who is on the pump was talking about
taking glucophage for helping with weight loss.  How does this work?  I have
trying for months to lose about 30 lbs.  Would this help me?  Thanks for any
input anyone can give me.>>>

Insulin is a fat building hormone, if one has insulin resistance, one is
taking more insulin, to overcome the resistance.  "More insulins means more
weight", And since excess insulin causes insulin resistance, the more you
take, the more you'll need.   Glucophage works by making the body's tissues
more sensitive to injected or self-made insulin. As it takes less insulin to
accomplish our goal of blood sugar normalization, you'll have less of this
fat-building hormone circulating in your body.   "Less insulin means loosing

But the risk is that the liver may not kick in glycogen in case of a low!

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Co-Executive Director
Jewish Diabetes Association