[IP] Exercise & pumping

    Does anybody else disconnect their pump when they
work out? If you keep
it connected, do you lower the basal rate (temporary
bassal) or suspend it?
    Thankyou - Jan G.

Most often, I work out after lunch (1/2 hr on a
treadmill).  I reduce my basal from .4 to a temp. of
.2 about a 1/2 hr before my lunch.  Then if my BG is
in a good range, I decrease my lunch bolus by 1-1.5
units.  After lunch, I check my bg and if its <120 I
suspend/disconnect when I get on the treadmill.
Afterwards, i set a temporary basal of .2 for 1-2 hrs
and after that I set a temp for .3 for an hour before
I'm back to my original .4!  Needless to say, it took
a lot of bg checks and extra snacks to figure this
out, it really is a case of YMMV, but once I figured
out my pattern, its been pretty smooth sailing since

Do You Yahoo!?