[IP] Question - Rapids

Hi, Jackie.

>I have read some letters saying I think, you can suck the insulin back
>into the cartridge by pulling back on the plunger thing.  Every time I try
>that the plunger snaps out of the cartridge.

The insulin can easily be sucked back into the cartridge if you use an
infusion set with a quick disconnect. If the Rapids you use have one, try this:

1. Disconnect the catheter at the quick disconnect.
2. Remove the reservoir and hold it with the luer connection UP.
3. Gently pull down on the plunger. The insulin in the catheter will be
immediately sucked back into the reservoir. When there's no more insulin in
the catheter, the plunger will move quickly, so pull it down gently.

IMHO, if "Rapids" don't have a quick disconnect, it's not worth trying to
recover the insulin in the catheter.

If the Rapids DO have a quick disconnect, then I have an additional
question -- how much insulin is left in the reservoir when you're ready to
refill it? And what's the total reservoir capacity?

regards, Andy