RE: [IP] Exercise & pumping

Jan G. [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

>     Does anybody else disconnect their pump when they work
> out? If you keep
> it connected, do you lower the basal rate (temporary bassal)
> or suspend it?

Depends on the time of day.  If I run in the early morning, I make no
changes.  If I run later in the morning, I set a temporary basal to half the
usual rate.  If I run in the afternoon, I suspend the pump and disconnect.
Also, if I run in the morning, I generally don't need to eat anything before
I go.  If I don't eat about 20g of carbs before I run in the afternoon, I
will be quite low by the end of the run.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted