[IP] Re: cravings for sugar

In a message dated 11/11/2000 9:54:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I have a small craving for sugar - I know
 > check my BGs - cause that means I am high - AND I ALWAYS AM IN THE 200s!!.
 > This is always due to a wrong guess on lunch carbs.   But the tip off is
 > when I have this vague craving for a cookie or something.   Must be
 > something about the sugar getting to the brain?? >>

my doctor said that i crave sugar/sweets when i'm high because my body is
"starving" due to ketoacidosis.  nice theory, but i never spill ketones.  my
issue is this:  how to curb it??  my god, i will go nuts sometimes, trying to
stave off my cravings.  i usually give in and cover with extra insulin, which
is not the best thing to do.