Re: [IP] Root Canals

I have had several root canals and now am going through one.  For me I like to
have a little cushion and go in with a little higher BGS. I have not found
the root canal will raise my blood sugar but if there is an infection at the
same time then it will. I have to take antibiotics so that helps.  I try to
have some mashed potatoes before I go in and I also take some motrin before.
Afterwards I eat soup for a couple of days. This time I had an infection which
triggered my trigeminal nerve pain off so this has been a more difficult one
for me. I am on aumentin now also because I had an abscess. But even at
that my
BGs never went over 200.  If you test frequently and keep on top of your BGs
you will be ok. I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow. I do find that
Reese's peanut butter cups are pretty easy to mush down ;) I allow myself one
of these about an hour after the procedure because my BGs are usually on their
way down or a Wendy's Frosty.
I am sorry about the pain and I hope you will feel better tomorrow.
Take care,
email @ redacted