Re: [IP] rough 2 weeks

On Sat, 11 Nov 2000 email @ redacted wrote:

> Hi Michael
> My levels have been fine other then those incidents, that's why we called mm.
> I even changed back to some soft sets I still had and my levels were OK after
> inserting them. What caused us to think either pump or sils was when in ER,
> they gave me some reg. in the iv which finally brought my levels down. My
> husband dragged me to the ER (me fighting the whole way) only after changing
> the site and bolusing did not bring me back down.

Hmmm.... don't draw too much of a conclusion because of that experience.
IV insulin goes into effect in toto in about 15 minutes. Doesn't matter
what kind it is --- NPH to Humalog --- since it does not have to be
absorbed through tissue to transport into the blood stream, it goes into
effect as quickly as the cells can transport it in. Sounds like a real
mystery as to why you could not get down.