re: [IP] Silver Ribbon Questions

Melissa and TInk,

The silver/grey ribbon was originally started by a group on a compuserve
mailing list about 4 years ago. It is not officially a symbol of either the
JDF or the ADA, however, I beleve that the JDF has distributed some in the
past. They are very simple to make with grey ribbon and tacky glue.

My daughter wrote the poem thatTink linked in her email as part of a school
project where she did a  report on diabetes. She made and distributed ribbons
at school with the poem attached. She also distributed them at a diabetes
awareness day she organized for girl scouts.Please feel free to use the poem,
just give her credit.

Take care,

mom to Liz 16, Jay 14, Angela 11 dx'd @ 9, and Chris 10 dx'd @ 4 and pumping
2+ years
In a message dated 11/11/2000 7:23:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,