Re: [IP] Hair and D

RoseLea wrote:
> There was a dr once who said that he could pick out a person with D because
> they tended to grow more body hair than other people, I don't know if this
> is true or not, just relaying what I read a while ago.

That might actually be true for some Type 2 diabetics, because there is
a disorder called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in which the reproductive
hormones are messed up, creating insulin resistance as well as
over-production of testosterone in women, which leads to increased body

Me, I've never had much body hair, other than Jewish chin fuzz -- and I
once had testosterone level checked -- it came back low, even for a

Diabetes has not made any change in my hair, so far as I can tell. It's
getting thinner as I age -- possibly female version of male pattern

Could be YMMV, I dunno!
 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted