[IP] Re: Effects of Protein/Fat on Blood Sugar Control

Subject: [IP] Effects of Protein/Fat on Blood Sugar Control

In "Pumping Insulin," third edition, page 64, the authors state "Some 50
percent of protein calories are slowly converted to glucose over a period of
several hours..."  A person I consider very knowledgeable about such matters
has advised that the above statement has recently been proven to be incorrect
and, consequently, I should not be concerned with the amount of protein in a
meal.  >>
I just asked my dietician this wed night.  He said 50%protein does turn to
glucose in the few hours after you eat.  He was less concerned about the fat
because it's going to take 10-12 hrs to absorb.
I don't know what to think about all this, but this is what he told me.
Don't have answers for your other questions.
Faith>>type 1 19 years, pumping since 8_21_00