Re: Re: [IP] Fasting Basal tests

In a message dated 11/10/2000 8:45:13 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<<  I wouldn't think that drinking coffee would change your fasting blood
sugars as long as you don't put anything that contains calories in it. I am
an extreme coffe drinker also. >>

At one time, I was a major coffee drinker. In fact, when my blood sugars
would drop, a mug of coffee with "Equal" and a minute amt. of skim milk would
pull me right up. The caffine causes your adrenalin to be released, and that
raises your BG.

I have weened myself from caffine to some degree by buying coffee at a place
which grinds it, and having them grind 1/2 decaf and 1/2 regular together. I
am down to 1 mug of this blend in the morning. Since I don't like soda, I
drink water during the day.

Susan M