[IP] Re: Insertion site discomfort

Stephan Black writes:

<< While I like many of the features of the pump I am very frustrated with the
 level of discomfort I am experiencing at and around the infusion site.  I
 have tried several different methods, tapes, etc.
  >While I like many of the features of the pump I am very frustrated with the
  >level of discomfort I am experiencing at and around the infusion site.  I
  >have tried several different methods, tapes, etc >>

I'm into my second month of pumping and had to stop the pump for 3 weeks in
order to heal and to test a variety of products.  I found I reacted to
several of them (the sof-set and IV Prep included).  I'm doing better with
sils and bard though I have to change every 48 hours.  I found the MM people
very helpful in problem solving (except for one person who said they had
nothing more to offer - this when I was at my lowest ebb and ready to quit
this whole process - thank goodness I hung in there).  E-mail me directly if
you want to talk more about specifics of what I've experienced and/or if you
just need support during a trying time.  Jill Tiffany