[IP] Minimed Bolusing Itself

<<Her son's pump (Minimed 508) bolused itself 4 times in 2 days. 10 units
each time, which is the max bolus by the current settings. >>

I don't know if it was the exact same thing, but I had a Minimed 507C that
would overdeliver as I reached the end of each insulin reservoir.  It took
me quite a while to figure out the pattern, but what happened was that as I
approached the last 20 units in the reservoir I would receive a no delivery
alarm for no apparent reason and with no apparent results (no high
bgs).  I'd clear the alarm, and then a few hours later experience a severe
and completely inexplicable low.  I called Minimed and told them about it
and once they understood the issue they urged me to send in the pump for a
replacement as soon as possible.  I had a refurbished pump in one day and
haven't had a problem with it since I received it.

I believe this problem is not unique to my pump, since MM recommends that
everyone change the set and reservoir once they reach the 20 unit mark. I
have to admit that I don't know the reason for this but no-one mentioned it
to me before I had this problem and now it seems to be standard operating

Also, there was a post a while ago, I think by Rod Mead, though I may be
mistaken, about the site to check for what the most frequently
malfunctioning piece of an MM pump has been historically.  I check at the
time and it jibed with my experience.  I don't recall the site at the
moment but will try to find and post it forthwith.