[IP] MiniMed Bolusing Itself

I was just speaking with a friend from our local support group.  Her son's pump (Minimed 508) bolused itself 4 times in 2 days.  10 units each time, which is the max bolus by the current settings.  Before realizing what
had happened, her son (11 yrs) went to the nurse, and couldn't figure out why he couldn't get his sugar up.  After 3 Sunny Delights, his BS was 30.  Minimed says this is impossible and he must have bolused it himself.
(I don't know the child real well, but the Mom says he knows this would kill him)   The mom said it happened again right there in the nurses office.  Obviously, he's now on a different pump.  The Mom is demanding a full
report from Minimed, but doubts she'll get it for fear of a law suit.  What do you think?  Has this happened to anyone else?