[IP] anxiety, hyperfocus

wombn writes:
I had a dream that the infusion set "button" on my Micro QR
became filled with bright red blood. And I woke up upset and
worried that I heading into DKA (even though my BGs have never
once been higher than 360 (to my knowledge).
I didn't realize at the time that it was just a dream, I thought I'd
actually SEEN it. It was one of those highly realistic type dreams.
Yes, I can see a bit of redness through the "button", but it's hardly
bright red-filled.

and it is precisely this hyperfocus or obsessiveness that makes pumpers
good at pumping.  Nothing wrong with a little obsessive compulsive behavior
once in a while. Thats why some surgeons insist on counting all the sponges
on the OR floor even after they are told the count is correct.
A Bender, M. D.