[IP] going low and rebounding how quickly?

How quickly does a person drop and rebound? My 11-year-old came home at 8
p.m. after class at 77. He drank a juice, went to bed at 10 p.m. at 125. I
checked him before I went to bed at 11 p.m., 158. I didn't correct anything,
but checked him at 2:30 a.m., and he was 348. I suppose I need to bump his
basal rate even more (now up to 1.3 during the midnight hours), but part of
me is always hesitant because I wonder, "What if he is low and rebounding?"
How quickly does it happen? How often during the night do I need to check if
I'm looking for that?

Joyce in ND