[IP] re: artificial sweetners

I had a nutritionist tell me this a couple of weeks ago-that studies show
that the taste of something sweet(even sugar free products) triggers and
insulin release. I asked him if I needed to get a prescription from my MD for
a Diet Coke IV to get ye olde pancreas working again...
(He also circled my can of orange juice saying I shouldn't have such a high
dose of carbs between meals, when right next to it in BOLD PRINT was my blood
sugar reading of 38...)
Or how about the time I had a nurse call me(after a quick visit for the flu)
to break the bad news that I had diabetes-I feigned shock as I'd already been
diabetic for 5 years!
Just venting on a dreary cold Boston morning...
hugs to everyone!