Re: [IP] depression

Thank you for your posting. It always takes courage to admit anything like
this.  Mild depression can hit anybody, at any time in their lives.  I have
seen people, including myself, go through life without anything approaching
depression, then slowly, depression rears its ugly head.  Often a period of
prolonged stress such as financial hard times.  I became depressed after my
husband had a failed business, I took a job I hated, my daughter was
diagnosed with diabetes and my dad died.  My advice would be to first try
talk therapy, then if that doesn't substantially improve things, try a low
dose of an antidepressant.  Often, a short period (such as a year or so) with
an antidepressant can break the cycle and rewire the brains circuits, restore
sleep and set you straight.  Of course, having diabetes is an added burden at
all times, and could easily contribute to depression.  And not just because
of the daily routine, but the uncertain future that is so easy to worry
about.  Take care.  Keep us posted.  I hope you get a lot of good answers.