[IP] Depression and diabetes

Nancy - Having diabetes is challenging, frightening, frustrating and energy
draining.  I also find it a gift since if "forces" one to care for self

What's happening to you certainly sounds like depression.  Depression can be
an emotional response to a life event (either acute like the death of someone
dear or insidious like being drained from the pressures of daily life -
caring for kids/family, dealing with diabetes etc) and/or physiological based
on changes in your brain.  Either way, I'd suggest finding a support person
(therapist, counselor, clergy etc.) who can both assess your depression and
help you to self care, get to the root of your depression and work to
stabilize your mood.  Look also to your support people - spouse, family,
neighbors - people who can help you "off load" some of the stressors in your
life.  Can someone help to care for the kids?  You need to both care for
yourself and also to reach out to others during this time.  Don't try to go
it alone.  Keep us posted.  Jill Tiffany