Re: [IP] How many carbs in an egg?

Darrin Parker wrote:

<<<<<<<<<My materials indicate that there is 1 g of CHO in an average
chicken egg.
This makes sense as eggs are almost 100% protein.  HOWEVER:  Historically I
need to bolus for eggs as if they had 15 g CHO per egg.  No special perep
in cooking - just fried w/o oil.  None of my carb tables list teh g of
protein in an egg.  Based on the required amt of insulin I need per egg; it
must be about 28 g of protien per egg.

Any thoughts on this one? >>>>>>>>>>>

I knew that 1 egg (50 gr) has 0.6 gr. of carb & 6 gr. protein. Maybe you
should weigh the egg an ex. lg. weighs more.
Still its not 28 gr of protein.
Hope you find a solution.

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Co-Executive Director