Re: [IP] Blood Glucose Monitors - FreeStyle vs FastTake

On 6 Nov 2000, at 19:06, Patrick G. Jobe wrote:
> More recently, this summer, I saw an ad for the FreeStyle meter from
> Therasense (http://www.therasense.com/). This meter uses an even smaller
> sample and I am now able to consistently use the top of my forearm. This is
> a great improvement and I highly recommend it.

I keep hearing about this meter...... but....  I tried poking my arm
and hands in several different places, even on the smallest setting
of my Lifescan dial-able lancet pen, and I'll tell ya, it hurts like the
DICKENS and for hours afterwards too.

Pain isn't a big issue for me, really, but if poking my fingertips is
less painful, I'll naturally gravitate back there every time.  Although
even smaller blood samples would be a good thing.