[IP] Q from an oldie

Sometimes we form an *opinion* without questioning why. I have now heard
from 2 people about disappearing organs (internal - not the keyboard kind).
I *assumed* my kidneys functioning at 18% means the warehouse is still
there, but emptying out. Someone else said they have shrunk to 18% their
original size.  Now I have heard of a lady who has no pancreas. I said she
needs a pump. No, it won't work for her. I said we have a member on this
list whose pancreas was removed when he was a tot and she would have
surgical DM. "No, her pancreas has shrunk down to nothing."  Now, I would
like a doctor or RN to reply to this and set me straight. Are these organs
non-functioning or disappearing?