Re: [IP] A Little Confused ???

At 07:34 PM 11/5/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>After seeing all the information provided by MiniMed I
>was under the impression that occasionally missing
>meals or snacks would not be a problem. Yet, after
>meeting with my endo in so many words she told me I
>would still have to eat as if I was treating myself
>using MDI.

There's absolutely no reason you should have to stick with an MDI meal plan
once you have your basal rates and insulin:cho ratios worked out on the
pump.  It could be that your endo just wants you to stick with a set eating
schedule while you're working out the details.

I skip meals whenever I want or need to, and don't eat snacks unless I'm
hungry now that I'm on the pump.  It's one of the great improvements this
device has made in my life.