Re: [IP] I'm a bad girl (but really happy!)

In a message dated 11/5/2000 6:34:58 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Took about 6 hrs to get it back down. I haven't been able to
calculate my high bg bolus yet and the copy of Pumping Insulin
that I have is the 2nd edition which doesn't cover humalog (I'm
really annoyed that they sent me the older edition when their site
advertises the 3rd edition, but I didn't notice it until last night), so I
was being ultra cautious.  But it was considerably faster than with
needles!  YAY!
When I started ( a few weeks ago) my trainer did a math calculation to
determine my dose: How much I was taking in a day minus 25% . That amt was
what we started with.  We started with a .5 basal and then adjusted from
there. I seem to have several different basals throughout the day and even
different on the weekend.

You have to test every 2 hours for the first 24-48 hours. Then make the
changes accordingly.

I am at 1.3 pre-dawn and .3 mid afternoon.

Susan M