[IP] unauthorized cheat techniques

Yes, I know the question I'm asking is NOT recommended by
pump manufacturers or doctors or CDEs, but I"m gonna ask
anyway......

I'm still using very small amounts of insulin.  I filled up my reservoir
yesterday, because I couldn't remember where I saw the
conversion rate between units and mL.  But I KNOW I won't use
that much insulin in 3 days.

I'm using Minimed's Micro QR with a Quick Release.

Has anyone ever changed the infusion set, but simply attached a
new infusion only at the quick release point?

Also, I couldn't set the quantity of insulin in my pump because I
didn't know how many units 2+ ml is (and couldn't find where I'd
seen the conversion formula, and why don't they simply mark units
on the reservoir instead of mLs since everything else is in units?)