Re: [IP] I'm a bad girl (but really happy!)

wombn wrote:

> > But I couldn't stand the wait any longer.  So yesterday, first thing in
> > the day, I switched my pump to insulin.  Yes, I'm a bad girl.
> >
> > She'll just have to deal with the fact that she has a precocious
> > student/patient.

Just so's you know you're not the only one who's done that!!!

I actually started the pump BEFORE I even had permission from the doc to
GET one. A friend of mine had gotten a new one and gave me his old one.
Iread Pumping Insulin, then went to his house for the weekend and
started it there. I wore it for a couple of months before going to the
doc and saying I wanted to go on the pump.

I never did tell him I'd done it myself, but I finally did tell one of
the CDE's who "trained" me, and her reaction was that she had suspected
that I'd done that. I KNEW too much!!!!

I've been really lucky in that my medical helpers don't get mad at me
when I take things into my own hands -- they just bow to the inevitable.
They've figured out that I'm reasonably intelligent and not going to do
anything stupid.

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted