[IP] Myoclonus (was Restless legs syndrome)

My neurologist has indicated that I have developed myoclonus. This is a
very abrupt hard jerk in the leg occurring, at least mainly for me, at
bedtime. The direction of travel of the leg has been both left to right and
up off the bed. The force exerted usually shakes the whole bed. I am
presently taking 1/2 mg of clonapin before bedtime and it seems to be
working. This apparently is an offshoot of my neuropathy.

If you don't like to hear complaining you have just a few more words to go
and the tone will change. I am grateful for having finally gone on the
pump. I asked the doctor I was seeing in 1985 if I might be able to start
using one. I finally started in 12/99 and have enjoyed the freedom
unavailable to me in the previous 39 years. It is the best thing to happen
to me in that 39 year period. Here's the change, new paragraph.

With the addition of clonapin I am presently taking 13 prescription
(maintenance) drugs at a cost of $600 - $700 a month. I choose the word
maintenance because of the lack of curing the medicines provide. They are
only to make life more tolerable. When the action of the drug lessens we
get stronger and stronger doses or other meds. And the longer the
maintenance time the more likely that new complications will occur and new
maintenance drugs will be prescribed. This is a never ending circle. At the
turn of the century diabetics did good to live a few years after diagnosis
and all the complications weren't known until medicines started allowing
longer life spans. A lot of times I wish we could go back to the concept of
"Survival of the fittest" and not "Survival of the best medicated".