[IP] Convenience of pump for teenage atletes

This is for soccerguy and his mom. Sorry, I'm not male, nor am i a teenager,
nor was i ever an athlete for that matter BUT I have been diabetic for 14
1/2 years (dx'd when I was 10) and i just started the pump March 1999.  I
can definitely tell you that the pump has made a major major difference in
my life. I don't care how active your lifestyle is--if you have problems
controlling your BG's the pump will be wonderful for you. My work is very
active--I'm a Teacher Assistant in a special education setting, although
before that, when i first went on the pump, I was a residence counselor in
the same sp. ed. setting. I worked evenings during the week and days on
weekends. My meals weren't always regular, nor was my level of activity. I
was also in college. All these things made for a very irregular lifestyle,
but being on the pump has made all the difference.  I have never felt
better. Good luck to you.