[IP] Pumpers in central Iowa

Is anyone out there in central Iowa - close to Ames, Iowa, using a MM508 or
Animas R1000?  I would like to correspond on or off this site.  I am trying
to chose pumps and called the reps re a demonstration or loaner pump and
they told me they usually just do this for young children, etc.   I am 42
years old, but would still like to see the "real" thing before choosing
something that I will be connected to and trusting my life with.
Thanks for your help - also are there any pumping groups in this area?
Trish Ober