[IP] Local Diabetes Expo

I saw a brief ad for a local diabetes expo on my local news last night.  It just happens to fall when I am at work (and not wanting to waste any sick hours that could be used as paid maternity leave) I probably won't go.  The ad said "local health care providers and free testing".  Geez.  It will probably just be the county health department.
What I would like to see is a place with booths with new products and therapies.  I'd like to see the latest bg meters, pump accessories, and foot lotions.  Stuff like that.  Somehow I don't think Bowling Green will have that yet.  I don't think most people in this town even know the difference between type 1 and type 2.  The main thought here
is still that being overweight causes diabetes.  I remember when I was eight or nine and my mom would order me a diet coke at a restaurant, while she drank regular. The waitresses would stare because my mom was a little overweight. I think that was harder on her than it was on me.
Oh well.  Just some thoughts about the bigtown expo!

Sherry C.
Ten weeks and 2 days pregnant and munching saltines