Re: [IP] starting the pump on your own

I started my on my own two weeks ago.  I have a little adjusting to do as
far as different basals.  I am certain this is normal.  My husband assisted
me as well.  I have a wonderful endo but couldnt get in to see him or my
nurse ed until Dec.  Who wants to sit and look at thepump in its box for
three months????  I feel so good, I cant stand myself, hehehehe.  I used the
book "pumping insulin" by John Walsh.  My endo was not happy when I emailed
my pump log book being connected already.  He had actually recommended a
basal rate that was too high.  My calculations were right on target
according to the Mini Med nurse, which came out to my house the very next
week after starting on my own.  My basal is .4 all day until 3:00 a.m. which
is then moved to .5 until 6am.  carb ratio is 23 carbs to 1u and high bg
ratio is 1 unit for every 83 points over my target of 115.  I think the main
thing is that you continue to keep in touch with your endo and keep very
specific, detailed records to send to him every other day.  He's has gotten
over the "macho" dr. roll since my bgs have been perfect.  But was livid in
the beginning.