[IP] Restless legs syndrome

My restless legs start every PM about 8:30 - 9:00, and continue into the
night causing me to lose a lot of sleep. I am up and down trying to get the
problem to abate.
My Neurologist just gave me some samples of Neurontin to take in the PM.
Can anyone comment on its effectiveness? How about side effects, etc?
Thank you!!
I took it for pains in my legs, neuropathy it was ok never had any side
effects. My wife takes huge doses for congenital nystagmus (4800 mg/day)
and never has any side effects. It is quite effective for this. Have you
tried Clonapin or Parlodel? they are generally well tolerated and are quite
effective. If the neurontin isn't effective try those two drugs. OTOH
Neurontin didn't help my neuropathy. You only generally need to move your
legs and walking around is not usually necessary for restless legs. Spot
A Bender, M. D.