Re: [IP] Freestyle Meter

At 07:37 AM 11/2/2000 RoseLea wrote:
 >momkiley wrote:
 ><<Has anyone else had higher readings on the Freestyle?  My doctor's office
 >says they don't have enough experience with it to make a judgement or
 >recommendation. >>
 >I hate to say this, but I have this same situation between my FastTake and
 >Accuchek meters.  The FastTake always reports my bg higher than does my
 >Complete and Advantage meters.

Some meters, like the FastTake, report higher readings by design. Since the
blood plasma BG readings that your doctor uses are typically higher than
those taken from the capillary blood that we use, the FastTake purposefully
displays readings that are roughly 11% higher, to more closely mimic the
readings from the lab.