Re: [IP] Freestyle Meter

momkiley wrote:

<<Has anyone else had higher readings on the Freestyle?  My doctor's office
says they don't have enough experience with it to make a judgement or
recommendation. >>

I hate to say this, but I have this same situation between my FastTake and
Accuchek meters.  The FastTake always reports my bg higher than does my
Complete and Advantage meters.  I too know you're not suppose to compare
meters, but at higher bgs this difference is much larger.  For instance the
FastTake told me my bg was 185 at which I'll do a correction.  My Accuchek
Complete said it was only 135 at which I wouldn't do a correction.  Now, if
I believed the FastTake and took a correction for the higher bg, I could end
up very low.  I called FastTake and all they told me was that the AccuChek
meters tested whole blood and the FastTake tested plasma (which is not true,
the Advantage and the Complete both give plasma readings when used with the
Comfort Curve strips).  They told me to just not compare the meters....
Now, I'm concerned that if I believe the FastTake, I could end up in trouble
at some point in the future....