Re: [IP] "basal levels, breakfast and impact of exercise"

Barbara Sklar wrote:
<<< but I do know that I am very insulin resistant in the am [6carbos/unit
vs. 10carbos/unit
during the day.]  What I am wondering is how to determine the right basal
level for the morning.  I am currently on .2/hour and I do go up quite
signifigantly when I fast.  >>>

If you are only taking .2 per hour then you are not very Insulin resistant!
My basels are up to 1.3 per hour due to insulin resistance, but  I only use
8carbos/unit, so seems to me that you are overdosing your carbs. Maybe try
raising your am basels & reduce your carb insulin.

Just a thought

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Co-Executive Director
Jewish Diabetes Association