[IP] FDA approval a way of avoiding payment

Being new to all of this (1 yr.) I don't have a lot of knowledge on this
subject but from what my educator and the pump rep. told me I will continue
to use humalog when I start my pump on Tuesday morning. I would hope that it
is approved.
Well, it isn't, why do you care? It is not approved by Medicare so they
won't pay for it, well, what else is new. Thge FDA has not aproved Humulog
for use in pumps yet but they have not approved lots of things like
Glargine either. Sorry Jim H but they are a little behind on what is
available. and what works. Many drugs are not approved for "off label uses"
that doesn't mean they are no good or will cause harm. by not approving
something, Medicare can avoid payment for something or tell you that they
won't pay because the use is experimental. Like certain kinds of chemotherapy

A Bender, M. D.