[IP] Re: PE Teacher

> ...perhaps
> she could make a distinction between type 1 and type 2 diabetes, since
> there is no evidence that type 1 is caused by lack of exercise.

But, is there evidence that Type 2 is caused by lack of exercise? I think
the PE teacher was completely out of line and wrong. That statement will
stay with those kids for years no matter what type they come across and it
probably won't really be dispelled unless they or a family member contracts
DM. Multiply the number of children who heard that statement by the
potential *victims* of the aftermath. Yes, courteously the teacher needs to
be set straight - but lack of exercise does not cause any diabetes. ܰ
Jan & Bluda Sue