Re: [IP] eating late

Notha asked:  Does anyone have trouble with eating late
or snacking late at night, even with a bolus and 3 hours
later I am normal I wake up high?
Yep, the same thing happens to me.  I need to eat dinner
by seven o'clock or so to have really stable bg through
the night.  Also, more than about 45 gm. of high density
carbs (pasta, potatoes, etc.) or more than about 4 oz.
of protein will cause me to go high during the night
after I have been in my target range at bedtime.

After a lot of experimentation, I find if I run a temp
basal after a late or bigger than usual dinner I can
eliminate the overnight high.  I started out with a very
low increase and tested every two hours through the
night until I found the right increase for me.  Please
be vigilant while experimenting!  Higher basals
overnight can result in hypos while sleeping!  Remember,

Good Luck,
dx 1981, assimilated 2/11/00

PSN Webmail -- http://start.psn.net