Re: [IP] Eating habits changing since beginning pumping

I started pumping on Jan 15,1999 & I too have for many days not had a
appetite or much desire to eat. Initially , I remember calling my doc to make
sure I was gonna stay alive if I didn't eat anything all day until dinner. I
attributed this to my being forced to eat when on needles ;being forced to
eat every day for 29.5 years.  Is it hard to understand the joy of not eating
? I have lost a few pounds but there have been times ( a few too many ) when
I have eaten excessively late at night & just kept pumping & pumping. Thats
something psycological , a problem I'm trying to cure. But back to your
original post I can understand exactly what you have felt when you say you
just did not feel the need to eat. I've heard that the majority of people
gain weight when they start pumping. I feel like multiple daily insulin
injections is a primitive therapy compared to pumping . I'm sorry I waited so
long because I'd heard about it a few years ago , but now as I look back a
few years I remember asking my previous doc about pumping & he told me it was
not for me & he also told me  in the same breath that my 8.0HbA1c  is going
to hurt me. Since pumping I went down in three months to 5.6 & three months
later to 5.5. Somebody should educate him !