Re: [IP] Ketos

> Give more insulin and her bg would drop only a
> little. But no ketones, one good thing. Last night she finally came
> back down and was 69 at 11p.m gave her a carbo. Checked at midnight
> and she was 87 still low for this time of night gave her 1/2 of a
> carbo and was fine this morning.
> Deborah mom to Eve 12
> Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99

I've seen this in the past with Lily and resisted raising her basals
for some time, thinking something must be wrong. Turned out she
simply needed more insulin. Perhaps this is the case with Eve,
she's about the same age where I encountered this with Lily.
I was very suspicious and wary about the needed increase as it was
almost 50%, watched her like the proverbial mother hen. Maybe there
is something else going on like a virus, but don't discount the
simple solution.