RE: [IP] Anyone in Columbus, OH?

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of RAE FRUTH
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 1999 5:38 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Anyone in Columbus, OH?

Hi all. I haven't been posting in a while, reading
when I can, this is busy time for my business. Hope
everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
	Did Have a good one, first on the pump!.....

The dr has been trying to get her to loose weight of
course, but this has not worked, she has gained 20lbs
in the last 6 weeks! She acts as if she is starving,
and just eats and eats..  So, my questions are, 1) as
a type 2 should she be getting the HbA1c at her endo
visits? (I only know about type 1)

	In my experience with both my Endo and FP Drs, Every 6 months at least....

2) Would a consistently high BG of around 250 cause
her to be sooo hungry that she would not be able to
control her appetite? If so, would being on insulin
help this? She has a mental age of maybe 12-14, and
lives very much in the moment, so telling her to diet
has not been very effective.

	When my glucose levels were that high I was VERY VERY hungry.  This is due
to the fact that I could not get enough energy.

TYPE 2 assimilated 11/16/99 Diagnosed 6/95

Vern Catron
Email: email @ redacted  Web Pages:
http://www.jacksonville.net/~vcatron
Living History:  French Huguenot 1560's, Gordons Musketeers 1640's, British
Marines 1770-90, 1st NYV Engineers 1861-65